This green smoothie includes Nderema (Vine/Malabar spinach); which is highly suitable for pregnant women and people suffering from osteoporosis, Water Melon, Cucumber, Banana, Avocado, Chia Seeds and Spirulina (be the single most nutritious food on the planet). For Protein, we infuse our yoghurts with either:
- Yoghurt Base (Animal Protein)
- Vegan Base (Plant protein such as soya, coconut or almond milk)
Choose your base as you add to cart.
- Nderema (Vine/Malabar Spinach): It contains 25% more calcium than common English Spinach. Akin to spinach, regular consumption of basella (Nderema/Vine/Malabar spinach) in the diet helps prevent osteoporosis (weakness of bones), iron-deficiency anemia. It supplies the highest amount of folate among the traditional greens. It contains 114μg folate per 100g, which means a cup of it can deliver 13% RDI (Recommended Dietary Intake) of the folate an adult needs daily. Folate is essential for normal maturation of red blood cells, it also plays an important role in early foetal development, preventing neural tube defects, so this is especially valuable for pregnant women.
- Watermelon: They are mostly water — about 92 percent — but this refreshing fruit is soaked with nutrients. Each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. There’s even a modest amount of potassium.
- Cucumber: Are low in calories and give you about 4 percent of your daily potassium, 3 percent of your daily fiber and 4 percent of your daily vitamin C. They also “provide small amounts of vitamin K, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, manganese and vitamin A.
- Banana: A healthy source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants and phytonutrients);
- Avocado: Rich in monounsaturated fats, the avocado has a smooth and creamy texture. It is much higher in fat than most other fruits. Avocados have a unique nutrition profile. They contain lots of fiber and are rich in vitamins and minerals, such as B-vitamins, vitamin K, potassium, copper, vitamin E and vitamin C.
- Spirulina: Contains significant amounts of calcium, niacin, potassium, magnesium, B vitamins and iron. It also has essential amino acids); When you compare Gram for gram, spirulina may be the single most nutritious food on the planet;
- Chia seeds: They are full of healthful omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, they have high levels of protein and fiber, and no cholesterol. They also contain minerals in significant amounts, including calcium, phosphorous, potassium, zinc, copper, and manganese).
DISCLAIMER: This information is for enlightenment purposes only. Consult your doctor before making any health-related decisions.